For more on the Elevated Envelope project, please start with the post below.
We sent out a malicious clothes dryer with some laundry. See? They're peeking through the door. The heat setting dial is a photo of a chicken's eye.
We put our elevated envelope in another envelope to protect it since that acetate and silver paper might not have held up through international mail. The "protective wrapper" was printed with images of a dryer's internal workings and an owner's manual.
Our surprises included three bookmarks featuring the occupants of the dryer.
Tofu made the Lint Monster who is quite pleased with itself.
Mischief made the Shrunken Sweater who seems quite distressed and embarrassed.
I made the very Lonely Sock who has lost its mate in the drying cycle...but seems to have moved on.
We had so much fun with this project. The kids enjoyed making the first fuzzball and first shirt, but it took a bit of urging to complete four of the same thing, especially with the bustle of the school year. It was all worthwhile to see our random scribbles become...laundry with personalities. Plus, we received a message from an artist in Australia who said that the wicked dryer gave her family the giggles.